If you want something sweet as dessert, Banh Flan Recipe is the right choice. It is traditional recipe from Vietnam, but you can make it at home. In general, Banh Flan is custard with caramel as the source of sweetness, Tournecooking.com says. Other modifications replace caramel with syrup, chocolate, even coffee. The ingredients are easy to find and very cheap because you only use simple ingredients in kitchen. Moreover, the baking instruction is not complex, but it takes more time to make sure this recipe is ready to serve.
- 1 cup of sugar
- Vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon
- 5 eggs
- 2% reduced fat milk, 3 or 4 cups
- Separate sugar into two parts, ¾cup for caramel and ¼ cup for custard.
- For caramel, heat sugar at small saucepan.
- Keep heat at medium temperature.
- Dissolve sugar and wait until the color is golden brown.
- Pour into cup and put it aside.
- For custard, use bowl and the beat egg.
- Whisk it until all parts are dissolved.
- Prepare saucepan then put the rest of sugar, fat milk, and vanilla. Mix them.
- Add egg into sugar mixture then whisk again until blended well.
- Pour into cup and add warm water at the top then bake inside oven.
- After that, separate from cup and wait until it turns cold.
- Pour caramel at the below and top of custard to serve as Banh Flan Recipe.
This recipe is easy flan recipe with milk to enjoy anytime. You can prepare custard then keep it at refrigerator to eat next time. Today, low calorie sugar is available for people with sugar issue. It is good replacement at all.
As it mentioned above, Banh Flan caramel flan can be customized. The caramel may use chocolate or fruit syrup to give different taste. Besides, you can change vanilla extract to suit its caramel taste. Therefore, Banh Flan Recipe seems irresistible to taste. RFA